Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I was Wrong

As my conversations with my teachers continued, I realized I was wrong.  Even though I was supportive, I thought some of their issues were petty.  But petty or not, if they were hurt by an action, or inaction of someone, it has to be addressed.  It really doesn't matter so much what the intention was, but the perception is what counts.  Whether you meant to hurt my feelings, really is neither here nor there. You did, in fact, hurt my feelings and that's what has to be dealt with . . . constructively. Walking into this situation, and helping to bring equilibrium to it, is a delicate dance. One I've done before, but it's still delicate nonetheless.

This is Luther!

Luther, my new car, is an amazing ride.  Solid.  Smooth.  Easy to love.  Like its namesake, the late Luther Vandross.  The difference is like night and day in the handling of my rental and this gem.

To top off the experience of riding in elegance, I drove through the mountain on the rode that is lit up like a Christmas tree.  As it turns out, this is the shortest way home, although it didn't seem like that the one time I took this before.  But this time I knocked at least ten minutes off my commute.  That was terrific to discover.

Isn't he a thing of beauty?

The view of the mountain at dawn is mystical.  Almost reverential.  There is no way you can question whether there's a higher being when you see His handiwork.  For those of you who doubt, I challenge you to come and see for yourself.

I've gotten very little sleep this week.  My body thought we were still on break.  I keep reminding her every morning, work is what we're here for.  Hasn't made getting up any easier though.

One more view
Ferrari.  Ferrari.  Who needs a Ferrari?

It's only 5:00 pm, but I'm headed to bed to try and make up for the sleep I've lost this week.

Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment