Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Car!

Again I woke up before 4:00am!  What is that about?

I've been trying to figure out how to mail merge to create labels, so I got up to work on that.  No luck with the merge, but I ended up just typing them one by one.  Of course, if I'd started when I first woke up, instead of trying to figure out the mail merge thing, I would have finished them.  Oh well.

I continued to meet individually with the Western teachers today.  Boy, did I get an earful.  I ask three questions in these meetings - what's working, what's not working, and how can I help.  It's amazing to me how petty some of the issues are.  It reminds me of one of my schools where the kinder teachers were constantly bickering.  It was at that point that I came to the conclusion that too often some teachers act the kids of the grade they teach.

Of course, I get it.  But I think they're making the problem much bigger than it actually is.  I'm hoping my presence and the implementation of some better communication tools will help to calm the waters.  This is when I really appreciate my 55 years on this planet.  Few things rattle my cage at this point in my life.

Now to the great news -

The absolute highlight of my day was picking up my brand new 2012 Toyota Camry! It ended up being a much better deal to buy a car rather than to lease one, so that's what I did.  I've never been more grateful for a purchase.  Not just of the car, but everything else I've needed and wanted to buy since I've been here.

My rental.
Thank God,  I was able to get the new car today.
The same day I had to turn this car in.

Side note - Had a fascinating conversation with the car salesman about Islam.  He promised to share some resources with me.  I think if we took the time to share our thoughts and ideas with each other, we could put the weapons down and grow as a people.  Idealistic?  Maybe.  Helpful?  I think so.

Side note 2 - He and I had the time to have this great conversation because I inquired about getting the car windows tinted and they were able to do it while I waited.  It took a while, but I think it will be worth it as most cars here have tinted windows because of the fierce heat.

Side note 3 - It was dark when I got home, so I didn't take pictures of my car.  I can't wait for you to see it.  It smells like new shoes.

Don't worry.  I promise not to seque into the funky feet conversation.

Side note 4 - I wish I could share the sunrise I see over Mount Jebel Hafeet with you.  It is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.

Here's hoping your sunrises are awesome, too.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Faye,
    Are you going to give your car a name? Can't wait to see the photo!
    We drive a 2005 Prius here in SF - her name is Ruby.
    Cheers,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete