Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Camel Has the Right of Way

Cutest sight on the way to work yesterday was a guy leading a camel through a roundabout.  The camel is just cruising by.  Graceful and majestic.  It happened at dawn.  It was still dark and I knew trying to get a picture would have been fruitless, but it was a true Kodak moment.

Just got home from my Arabic class.  I totally forgot about it on Tuesday.  That was the day I was so tired and frustrated.  Anyway, the teacher is so gracious with his time to offer these makeup sessions.  I also appreciate having the one-on-one instruction.  Surprisingly, I'm actually starting to recognize letters and simple words. It will help so much to be able to say simple phases in Arabic.  Of course, I've picked up a few things just from hearing them used repeatedly.

The Venetian Cafe is having an Old School Party next Thursday night.  Thursday night is like Friday night in the US.  The owner of the cafe mentioned that this was in the works, so I'm happy that it will be happening.  I'm not a party person at all, but it might be nice to check it out.  I'm sure the Black expats will be out in big numbers.

Side note - I'm going to watch a movie tonight.  My treat to myself.  I got a pedicure on the way home.  Another treat.  That was a wonderful way to end the week.

Side note 2 - My apologies for being late in responding to emails.  My plan is to catch up this weekend.

As always, thanks for spending time with me.

Your blogging buddy






No comments:

Post a Comment