Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So Much Better

Today was a thousand times better, thank God.

Even though my day began at 4:00am and just ended at 9:00 tonight, the day at school was much smoother.  It's not that I had an easier day necessarily, but with an adjustment in my frame of mind, I was much better prepared for it.

We're doing teacher evaluations that have to be completed by the end of the month. Not a big deal except that there must be two people observing and the same two doing the post conferences.  The woman who is supposed to be my partner has been out sick all week, which has really thrown a kink in the scheduling.  Hopefully, if all goes well tomorrow, we should be caught up.

Interesting to note that the woman I had the tough conversation with is the same one who has been absent all week.  I know she's been really sick.  I don't wish anything bad, but I hope the absences are legitimate and not in protest.  Even if they are, what can you do?

It was suggested that I take off my US hat, in reference to the safety concerns at my new school, and think like my Arab sisters.  I think that's a great idea.  When they seemed worried about a situation, then I'll start to be concerned.  Until then, I need to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the craziness.  No problem.  I can and will do that.

Side note - My house phone just rang for the first time.  Yep.  Wrong number.

Side note 2 -The teachers are enjoying the snacks that I keep in my office.  It's amazing what a piece of chocolate can do for you on a long day.

Side note 3 - One of my teachers bought me some date-filled cookies.  They're very good.  They taste a lot like Fig Newtons.

Well, I have to be at school early again tomorrow, so this is another short one.

Hope you're having the best year yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment