Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Video Success & Travel Theme

Arc de Triomphe - Paris, France
(Dining Room)
I've been struggling with getting the video to work in Gmail Chat.  After trouble-shooting all of the possible fixes, I went to an Apple  forum and with the suggestion of a click of a button, got my camera working. YEAH!!!  I'm also good to go with Skype.  I know this may not seem like much, but with being so far away, these tools are priceless.  I called Forrest (my brother) three times - just cause.

It was late last night when I remembered to search online for different churches.  As such, I wasn't able to call ahead and none of the ones I was considering had location information.  So, I went back to the Ethiopian Church.  I really love their worship and wished that I understood the message.

I've only been back to church very recently, probably less than a year, after having stopped going completely in 1995.  I believe there's a church for me here, I just have to keep looking til I find it.

One of two pictures that do not follow the travel theme
(Dining Room)
Interestingly, two of my colleagues both attend church and they're looking to build relationships with the folks there.  That is not my mission at all.

Leaning tower of Pisa - Pisa, Italy
(Dining Room)
For those of you who don't know me well, you may think I'm a closeted hermit. Maybe I am.  I enjoy people and consider myself a people person, but I also value my space - above all else now.
Sydney Opera House - Sydney, Australia
On my Bucket List
(Hallway.  Picture lights up)

Tomorrow is my last day of winter break.  It has been a very productive time.  After church, I ran a few errands, so that tomorrow will be a complete day of rest.

Barj Al Arab - Dubai, UAE
(Hallway)


When we return to school, I'll be responsible for the Western teachers' evaluations that will begin happening almost immediately.  I'll be sharing the load of evaluating twenty or so teachers with one of the Heads of Faculty.  I'm looking forward to being in the classrooms to see the teachers and students in action.


Las Vegas Strip - Las Vegas, Nevada
On my Bucket List
(Living Room - This one lights up, too)

Side note - Two quotes that grabbed my attention in Life is a Verb are:

     ---"Wisdom begins with wonder." - Socrates

     ---"Being practical and safe and always logical is way overrated."  -Patti Digh

Eiffel Tower - Paris, France
(Living Room)


I'm including pictures of my wall art.  I've got a travel theme going on with the exception of two pictures.  Places I've been and places I want to visit.  Most of these pictures were less than ten dollars.

Brooklyn Bridge???
Brooklyn, New York
(Master Bedroom Hallway)

"Lip" Flowers
(Master Bedroom)
Several of you have suggested that this blog might turn into a book.  That very opportunity presented itself and I took advantage of it.  It will be hard bound and coffee table ready.  Mine will not be on display, however.  I didn't take the time to check the posts for errors, so it will just be a book blog full of errors.  If nothing else, it's a decent hard copy of these posts.

More on this later.

Good morning to you and goodnight to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment