Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bird Riding Shotgun

As I was driving in Abu Dhabi today, I looked up at one point in my rearview mirror to see a large bird, a falcon maybe, riding in-between the driver and front seat passenger.  No cage.  Nothing that I could see was keeping him from flying away. Every now and then he would flutter his wings, and the guys would say something to him to calm him down.  All of this happened while we were waiting for a light to turn green.  Fascinating!

On the drive over, I saw a caravan of camels walking through the sand dunes.  They were traveling toward a herd that was ahead, resting in the sand.  I'm amazed every time I see these marvelous creatures.

On the way home, I saw someone driving a dune buggy through the sand dunes. That's just crazy.  Driving through sand is incredibly dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.  Here's hoping it was an experienced driver.

The meeting I attended, and the reason for my trip to Abu Dhabi, was your standard administration get-together.  There was the exercise in imaging the ideal school and what that would look like.  When the conversation veered to what was actually happening in the schools, it was colorful watching how the presenters dodged the questions.  Some things don't change, no matter where you are in the world.

The meeting ran long so I missed my doctor's appointment and rescheduled it for tomorrow morning at 9:00.  I'll start my day there and hopefully I'll miss the crowds that show up after work.

One of my favorite sights in Abu Dhabi is a set of twin buildings that look like an ice cream cones made with a waffle cones and it looks like someone has eaten part of it on one side of each building.  Check out the pictures to see what I mean.  Yes.  I took them while driving.  Not smart, I know, but I wanted very much for you to see this.

Ice Cream Cone Buildings

Ice Cream Cone Buildings 2


I love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment