Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Recovery

Today was a day of rest and recovery from my foray into the UAE nightlife.

Note to self - avoid the club scene wherever I'm living.  The futility of it is universal.

I spent most of the day sleep.  I woke up late.  Was awake a couple of hours, then fell asleep watching TV.    When I awaken at 4:30 in the afternoon, I decided to run a couple of errands.

When I returned, I scrambled some eggs.  I cracked several open, and the yolks were orange.  A deep, rich orange color.  I had these for a while, so I assumed they were bad, so I ran to the market and got more.  They, too, had orange yolks.  I didn't notice this before when I cooked eggs because I boiled them.

Just googled it - the deep colored yolks are probably from free range hens because they have the opportunity to eat more pigmented foods and that is transferred to the yolks.  Love those Google Boys.

Side note - I noticed I'm not holding Peter (my GPS) in a death grip anymore.  In fact, he doesn't even sit on my lap on most days.  I think that's a sign that I'm not depending on him as much to get around.  I appreciate the he takes me along the same routes, which is helping me to learn them.  Oh, let me be clear - I definitely still turn him on each time I get in Luther.  I'm not ready to give him up completely anytime soon.

Side note 2 - We have two weeks off beginning the last week in March and I need to decide soon where I want to go.  The options are endless, so I need to narrow now my choices and make some concrete plans.

It's about 9:45 and I ready for bed again.  I didn't realize how tired I was.

Wishing you rest and peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment