Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

BRRRRRRRR!

It's flat out cold outside.  The high today was supposed to be 63.  I doubt if we got out of the 50's.  I'm usually warm in the school, so I dress lightly.  Today, that was a mistake.

Note to self - leave a shawl at work.

I was introduced to the medical system as I tried to see a doctor to get some prescriptions renewed.  Most of the doctors work from 7:30-4:00.  Their schedule is posted for all to see.  I arrived at 3:15 and by the time I got processed, it was 3:45. I waited until 5:15, then had to leave to make my Arabic class. I have an appointment at 3:00 tomorrow.

Although this is a hospital, it has the feel of a small clinic.  Looks like it has been around for awhile, but it was clean and well staffed.  This is where most of the Western folks go for medical attention, hence my reason for choosing this facility. I'm hopeful I can get in and get out without delay tomorrow.

Side note - If you like chocolate chip cookies, treat yourself to some from the Doubletree Hotel.  They are the absolute best chocolate chip cookies on the planet. They have nuts.  So folks with nut allergies, beware.  One of my dear friends from home is taking care of forwarding mail to me, and she surprised me with some of these. They were divine.  Seriously, you have to try them.  Bonus:  you can get them 24-hours a day from the coffee shop in the hotel.  They give them to their guests, so they always have them on hand.   You can buy them in tins.  They make great gifts.

Yes, the Doubletree should pay me.

It was a long day.  Not hard, just long.  So, I'm going to bed early.

More soon.

Goodnight to me.  Good morning to you.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment