Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Addresses Anyone?

Thankfully, today was a very productive one.

However, I know for sure now that bureaucracy is alive and well all over the world.

I had to see someone in Customer Service at the ADEC Office.  You picked up a number before you walked in the room.  There were eight people available to help and no one else was in the room.  I went to one of them seeking assistance.  I was told to have a seat until my number was called, even though all eight folks were all available.

I'm growing in patience every day.

To be fair, that was in contrast to someone else who went out of her way to get things done for me.  I owe her chocolate.

In spite of the red tape, I left the ADEC Building with all of the documents I needed, and had the chance to speak with my Cluster Manager.    Thankfully, he's level-headed and frank.  My kind of guy.  He will take me to my school tomorrow.

He shared with me that it has an enrollment of 1200 students, and will have three VP's.  I'm number two.  It is co-ed, but the boys and girls never interact.  They are on different schedules entirely.

When I told him I couldn't find the address of the school online, he shared that this country doesn't have addresses!  All directions are given by landmarks.  I thought they were just doing that for the benefit of us new folks.  It also explains why someone suggested that I get a post office box.  That makes so much sense now.

After a ton of running around, I got my UAE driving license and rented a car today. Most impressive was finding my way back home, by the grace of God alone.

I was on a mission to get things done today, and didn't take the time to take pictures.  That will happen soon.

Until then, be well, and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment