Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Spa Day

My lack of rest caught up with me today.


I dragged myself back to the ID lady, with no progress.  I asked her to call me when she knew something.  Interestingly, later today I received a text stating that my ID Card is ready for pick-up.  Right hand not knowing what the left is doing is a universal issue.

Next stop - Radiance Spa for Women.  I was overdue for another threading of my eyebrows and a pedicure.  This spa is located in the mall parking lot of the mall that is on the way and closest to my school.

It's lovely inside.  Beautifully decorated spaces.  There's the eyebrow/facial section, the mani/pedi section, the hair salon section, the waxing section and the massage section.  Everything is pink.  The walls, the accents, even the ornaments on the Christmas tree.  Reminded me of Mary Kay Cosmetics and the pink Cadillacs. Christmas music was piped in for all to enjoy.

The two women who serviced me were great.  In an hour and a half, I was presentable again.

I went in the mall to check out the shoes.  The only bogus info I received prior to arriving here was about shoes.  I was told sandals and open toe shoes were not allowed.  Flip flops for sure were banned.  As it turns out, sandals are very much allowed, along with open toe shoes, and flip flops are allowed, but discouraged.  So, I needed to pick up some sandals.  Thankfully, they have my favorite shoe store - Payless - with a darling salesman who aims to please.  Shopping here will be fun.

Left there, came straight home and took a long nap.

Woke up and watched some TV.  I increased my Western package to include every Western station available.  I just watched a Samuel L. Jackson movie and a couple of days ago I saw the George Clooney/Ryan Gosling movie, The Ides of March. Great one.  Highly recommended.  I'm a big Ryan Gosling fan since his tiny, but very good, role in Remember the Titans.  Later, one of my favorite movies of all time, Death at a Funeral, will be playing.  I have their version of TiVo, so I'm recording it.

Yesterday, when I got out of the Mission Impossible movie, I stopped by the restroom. To my utter surprise, there was a boy, about ten years old, who came out of one of the stalls, and washed his hands next to me.  I think he was with the young women who were also present.  Not sure why he didn't use the men's room that was next door. No one else seemed bothered by this.  Reminds me of some Italian friends whose son was still on the bottle at five years old.  Perfectly acceptable behavior in Rome twenty-five years ago.

Side note - I've been invited to a double wedding tomorrow.  My principal's two sons are marrying sisters.  The entire staff was invited to this joyous occasion.  I've just contacted someone to get the details - time and place.  If for no other reason, being there will be a window into the wedding culture, Arab style.

Side note 2 - The mall where I saw Mission Impossible, Al Ain Mall, has an ice skating rink, and a bowling alley, too.

Winter Wonderland at Al Ain Mall




Ice Skating at al Ain Mall

Side note 3 - Thanks to you who left positive comments about my new home.  I'm thoroughly enjoying it.






No comments:

Post a Comment